In the previous post I kind of ridiculed right-wing bloggers for always mocking what the other side believes but never coming out and saying what they themselves believe. I think if you spend any time reading this blog, you will come away with a pretty good idea of what I believe. For those who don’t want to invest that amount of time, I’ll present here a brief synopsis…
- I believe in the separation of church and state. Religion belongs in church, not in our public schools or any of our public buildings. I also believe that a religion should automatically lose its tax exempt status the moment it becomes involved in politics in any way.
- I believe in fiscally responsible government. Pay as you go. The huge deficits and out of control spending by the current administration are ridiculous and shameful. It is not right for one generation to create debt for future generations.
- I believe government should be truthful. I believe we were purposely lied into the invasion of Iraq, and I believe that those who lied should be criminally prosecuted and held responsible for their crimes.
- I believe in equal rights and equal protection under the law for all citizens of this country, regardless of race, religion, creed or sexual orientation.
- I personally do not like abortion, but I believe women should have control of their own bodies. A decision like abortion is one that should be made by a woman with the assistance of her chosen health care professional. Government has no role to play in that decision.
- I do not believe that George W. Bush has any business being president of these United States. He simply is not qualified and does not possess the intelligence or the judgment required by the position. He is a spoiled frat boy who has been handed everything in life on a silver platter. “Incompetent imbecile” is a phrase I have used often in these pages to describe him. I’ll stand by that.
There is of course much, much more. These are but a few of things that this “crazy liberal” believes. I trust you have been somewhat enlightened.